Friday, February 08, 2008

America Not For Sale, Mitt Romney Is Out...

Flip-Flopping Conservative Come-Lately
With Deep Pockets Drops Out...

Despite outspending his rivals -- using his own personal wealth -- Romney lost 14 of 21 states in this week's critical Super Tuesday vote. He secured only 286 delegates through the contests, compared with McCain's 697.

The former Massachusetts governor had vowed to fight on after Super Tuesday, but he and his campaign advisers discussed the situation on Wednesday and changed their minds.

Romney said he made his decision reluctantly but decided it would be best "for America" since staying in the race would "forestall the launch of a national campaign" and make it easier for Senator Hilary Clinton or Barack Obama to win this November's presidential election.

"If this were only about me, I'd go on. But it's never been only about me. I entered this race because I love America, and because I love America, in this time of war I feel I have to now stand aside for our party and for our country," Romney explained.
Read Article...







free hit counters