Monday, May 05, 2008

Governor Jindal Indicates Disinterest As Republican VP

Repubublican Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal:
"I've got the job I want."



While admitting that he changed his given Indian name to Bobby after his favorite character on "The Brady Bunch," Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal denied having any ambition to become Sen. John McCain's (R-Ariz.) vice presidential pick at the National Press Club on Friday.

"First of all, like anybody whose name has been put on such a list, it's certainly flattering," Jindal said. "I've said it before ... I'll say it again. I've got the job I want."

Jindal, a pro-life, pro-gun, anti-tax Rhodes Scholar, won a landslide victory to become governor of Louisiana in October 2007. An Indian-American, he is the first person of color to be elected governor of Louisiana since Reconstruction.
Read Article...






free hit counters